Vacuum cleaners are universal home devices that allow you to quickly clean up a lot of garbage from the floor in case you have dust, hair or other small bits of trash on the floor. Vacuum cleansers can be in the shape of a stick vacuum, which are best for cleaning floors, in the shape of a canister vacuum, which is universal, and may also be handheld, which makes them great for cleaning up small messes. There are also robotic vacuums, which are good for cleaning your flat automatically while you are away.
Vacuums are made by tens of different brands, and while some are definitely worth buying, others are not, and it is not always easy to decide which is which. So, to help people make a wise decision when it comes to vacuums, we have assembled the best 14 model in one list, bringing stick, canister, hand and robot vacuums together in one concise list.
This model is considered to be the best one for working with carpets, and it is possible to remove most odors using the supreme filtering system from this vacuum. The model is designed for pet owners, and it is possible to remove most kinds of pet hair and scents from carpets, including skunk odor.
Bissell also donates 10 dollars to pet homes every time you buy one of their vacuums. The model may also work with cleaning solution, spurting it out on the surface you are vacuuming, this allows for wet cleaning.
The 12 rows of brushes will, in combination with the cleaning solutions, remove almost all odors from carpets.
The model itself weighs under 18 pounds, making it one of the lightest ever.
The Pet tool allows you to quickly and effectively wipe all bad scents off upholstery and other surfaces. The model is shipped with an antibacterial treatment substance, which help delete odors and generally make surfaces cleaner.
- The model is very good for keeping the house clean from pet hair and odors
- Very good at removing dirt from carpets and cleaning up every kind of dirt
- The model is very light and portable
- The only possible minus here is that it is so expensive
This vacuum has very good reach, which allows you to clean up stairs and other hard-to-get areas. The model is the original powered lifting vacuum, and its canister can be detached in order for the vacuum to be able to clean corners and small spaces.
The technology this vacuum is made with allows it to filter out allergens and undesirable substances, and the HEPA filter inside this device allows it to filter out and trap various allergenic particles and keep them inside the vacuum.
The capacity is very good, allowing you to clean for a long time without having to empty the canister. The bright LED lights on the tip of the head allow you to shine under furniture in order to see the garbage you are vacuuming with the cleaner.
The pet-hair multitool allows you to effectively clean up pet hair. The crevice tools lets you clean up in small cracks.
- Excellent for cleaning carpets, especially for removing pet hair from it
- The machine looks very cool and handsome with the beautiful styling and bright LED lights
- The vacuum’s head can be detached in order to transform it into a canister vac and clean curtains and stairs
- The clips that hold the cord and the hose are very week and almost useless
This is the best upright bagless vacuum, as many reviewers have stated. It will easily take on any mess, using the wide nozzle to wipe up a large area.
The Windtunnel technology makes a powerful suction, even if the nozzle is very wide. This allows you to quickly clean up a large area. There are three channels of suction that offer a very wide area of cleaning.
The powerful suction drives the air into a HEPA filter that cuts out all allergens and odors, leaving the air pure and allowing you to breathe freely.
The 13 cyclones that the air passes through on the way out, make the cleaning very efficient, and very little dirt reaches the filter.
The model is excellent for pets, and the versatile model has a 5-meter-long cord, allowing you to reach to the far ends of your room.
- The model has a very wide suction area, allowing you to lean up a whole room in a few minutes
- The vacuum cleaner is very stylish, has a great color scheme and is cool-looking
- The motorized brush is very cool and effective at getting bits of dust off carpets and floors
- The brush bristles will fray and break off eventually after long use, as a few users have pointed out
The brand is known for making high-quality products with very good pet-hair removing abilities. The vacuum is made for pet owners, and the brush is very good at getting rid of both hair and odors.
The model has a cleaning path which is 13.5 inches wide. The cleaner’s cup has a large volume – 1 liter of dirt can be safely contained.
The swivel lets you quickly turn and make sharp rotations to get behind and around furniture.
With a hose of 6 feet long you will be able to reach just about any corner of your room and vacuum under furniture. The triple action brush is able to first loose, then lift up and remove any kind of dirt.
The dirt bin can be quickly and easily removed.
- The vacuum is very light and therefore easy to push even for people with a hurt back
- Very convenient price for this level of quality, and the model is much cheaper than its competitors
- The model is very good for maneuvering around furniture and getting into corners
- It is hard to remove hair from the vacuum, as you have to unscrew a number of screws to do that
The model has a powerful motor and the brush, which is driven by the air pressure, is able to pull up any kind of debris and dirt. The wide nozzle of this model is also able to clear a room quickly, since its 13-inch width lets you make very few sweeps to clean a room up.
Weighing only 10 pounds, this model is incredibly easy to push around, even by a person with a weak or painful back.
The height of this model can be adjusted to five different height levels. This means it will be able to fit people with different height. The wheels allow it to move smoothly of wooden floors without putting scratches in them.
The liter capacity of the dirt cup allows it to be large enough for long usage.
The model is attached to a long hose that allows you to reach even most remote parts of your room.
The device is very light, yet it includes metal parts that improve its strength and overall looks.
- Weighing under ten pounds, this model is the lightest ever among such vacuums
- The device has a large enough dustpan for most purposes
- The spinning brush makes it an excellent choice for carpets
- The plastic it is made of is prone to shattering from hard impact, so be careful with dropping it
This canister vacuum is made and engineered in Germany, and it is equipped with a very powerful motor that gives it excellent suction power, and allows it to give 1200 watts of energy. The model is thus capable of ripping dirt off of carpets and out of cracks. The motor, even though it is so powerful, is still pretty quiet.
The vac also has a very portable and mobile shape, which makes it great for maneuvering around and under furniture.
The special AirCleaning system allows you to have very good filtration in order to remove all allergens and irritant particles from the air.
The 6 different power modes let you decide how strongly the air is pulled through the filter.
The device can clean upholstery and a variety of other soft surfaces like soft furniture.
The model has a 1-year warranty for the entire machine, and the motor alone has a separate, 7-year warranty.
- The model is made to be very reliable and durable, and the motor in particular is very lasting
- The simple and universal design allows this one to appear well in any interior
- The robust construction is built to withstand abuse, and the device can be used in any circumstances
- The cost is pretty high, but that is countered by the fact you will probably never need another vacuum cleaner
This is an innovative machine that is able to do deep cleaning, using a whirlwind mechanism. The vacuum has an airflow controller that can be quickly accessed from the handle, without having to bend down and click on it.
The dust-cup holds up to 1.2 liters, making it a fairly large vacuum cleaner.
The powerful 960-watt motor is able to make the dust stay inside, pushing the air through the HEPA filter, which is able to clean out any kind of allergens and other irritants.
The crevice tool is great for attaching to the cleaner and using it for removing dirt from cracks and corners.
The overall weight of the vacuum cleaner is very small, and the model is recommended for people with a weak back.
The model has an automatic cord winder and is overall very convenient to use with any kind of surface.
- The vacuum looks cute and is a stylish addition to any room
- The model is very lightweight, and this allows it to be pulled around easily
- The wand brush and crevice sucker included with the cleaner are very convenient to use
- The model is very basic, and really the only thing it does is create suction
The vacuum is made by Dyson, which guarantees almost flawless quality and means the machine will last just about forever. With a power rating of 600 watts it may look a little weak, but this device has a smaller sized nozzle and is meant for small rooms and flats.
The model weighs 7.8 kilograms, making it fairly light and easy to carry around or drag around behind you.
The dust can hold up to 1.5 liters of dirt. The back of the vacuum has 28 separate cyclones, all of which work on separating the dirt from the air, resulting in complete removal of dust and dirt from the air.
The vacuum also looks very cool and comes with a long warranty.
- Very cool and surprisingly stylish look with the dirt-trapping cyclones and reddish color scheme
- The anti-tangling shapes inside the vacuum help it prevent the hair and dust from crating tangles inside the cyclones
- The vacuum has pretty strong suction and deals well with carpets and per or human hair
- The brush is not very good on deep carpets, and is best used on hardwood or tiles
This small handheld vacuum cleaner is powered by a 14-volt lithium ion battery. It is very efficient, lightweight and compact, and can be easily picked up and used in any part of the house at any time.
This model was designed especially for pet owners. Dogs and cats often leave messes behind - hair, dirt, bits of food, etc. And with the use of this vacuum, you can erase any such mess in mere seconds. Much faster than using a broom and dustpan, isn't it?
The vacuum cleaner also come with three tools with different specialized function - one is a motorized brush, which is designed to clean hard surfaces quickly, the second one is made to clean curtains, and the third targets cracks, corners, and other similar places that are difficult to access.
This model has a large capacity bin that can hold up to 0.7 liters. It can be easily disconnected, emptied into the garbage can, and inserted back into the vacuum.
The air goes through three filters before exiting the vacuum cleaner. This does not only make the whole cleaning process more effective, but also improves air quality.
- Light and compact
- High-quality air filtration
- Large capacity dirt bin
- High price
This cordless vacuum has a very long run time thanks to the efficient lithium-ion battery. And that means that it will always be ready whenever you need it - you just need to switch it on, because there are no wires or plugs. Also it is light and ergonomic, you can quickly take it from one room to another, access difficult places, and do many other tasks that would be simply impossible to accomplish with a standard plug-in vacuum cleaner.
The dust and dirt is collected in a high-capacity bowl. It is translucent, so you will always know how full it is. The bowl can be quickly be emptied into the trash can and then washed out.
The vacuum has a brush that is designed to clean curtains, and a crevice tool for accessing corners and other difficult spots.
This model has a wide mouth so that it will not get clogged by large pieces of debris and the suction remains powerful.
Now if you were thinking of where this vac can be stored, it already has you covered. This model comes with a wall mount, that will allow it to stay out of the way when not used, and not take up any desk or floor space.
- Long battery life
- Large washable bowl
- Low cost
- Long recharge time
This model has a very powerful 100 watt motor, and the strong suction will allow it to catch anything, whether it is large heavy pieces or extremely fine dust and fibers. Because of this it will be perfect for soft surfaces that tend to collect and absorb large amounts of dust, such as carpets, mattresses, and couches.
At the same time, this vacuum has a very impressive run time of 30 minutes. That is more than enough time to clean up all the dusty surfaces in your house. The high power and long run time are due to the fact that the vac uses high-capacity modern lithium batteries.
The battery is not only efficient; it is also very quick to charge. If the battery goes totally dead, it can be totally recharged in only 3 hours! It also has an amazing longevity and lifetime, can be recharged hundreds of times without any problems, and will easily last for five years.
Nothing can hide from this vacuum cleaner - as it has three different tools, it will erase dust from corners, walls, soft surfaces, upholstery, etc.
- Very powerful
- Great for soft surfaces
- Heavier than similar models
This robot has a whole row of features that put it in first place among robot vacs of its price limit. The most interesting ability it has is the automatic ability to return to the base in order to recharge and dispose of the garbage it collected on this trip.
The model has a low wattage, but it uses it very wisely, resulting in very good suction under the vacuum. The model is also able to filter away most allergens, deleting them from the air you breathe, and it is also able to take up pet hairs and other garbage, taking them to the base and leaving them there for disposal. The fact it returns to the base automatically makes it possible for it to go for over two months without your assistance.
The model can learn and adapt to your home, making a complete map of your home. Also it is possible to directly control the Roomba from your smartphone.
The robot can also be controlled through a voice assistant.
The device has no problem navigating a house with several floors and it can easily go between rooms, passing over the thresholds.
The bags with this robot have 4 layers of fiber, which effectively traps almost all allergens, both chemical and animal.
- The device is very intelligent, and has no problem going between rooms
- The model is able to make powerful suction and clean up even very sticky messes
- Returns to the base to drop off garbage
- Is very expensive
The model is also, like the Roomba, able to return to its base in order to drop off garbage and get rid of the debris it collects during the day. The bagless base holds the garbage while the robot goes around the house and collects dust and trash.
The powerful suction allows the model to gather up even hairs from carpets.
The brush not only tears pet hairs off the floor, it is also able to clean itself off after it works.
The device is able to connect to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to make it possible to control the device with voice commands.
The model is able to create and store a complete map of your home.
The model arrives with the cleaning base, which is able to hold garbage from up to 30 cleaning sessions. The base also recharges the robot.
- The model is able to make a map of your room and drive to the cleaning base
- The device is able to consistently keep a room clean at all times without missing areas
- The model has no problems leaning even a thick and fluffy carpet
- Many people remarked this device is very loud, especially if you are trying to sleep
This model was widely considered the best in 2019, and got an entry in Tom’s Guide as the best robot vacuum cleaner. The device is very quiet and has a suction power of 1300 Pa, and it has a pretty good movement speed at 10 inches per second.
The model is able to quickly boost its suction power when it encounters a difficult spot and has to suck intensively in order to get the dirt off the floor.
The device can operate for 100 minutes straight without recharging, and this allows it to quickly finish up a big room. Meanwhile it makes less noise than a working microwave.
The glass cover of the robot does not collect dust or dirt and offers good protection. It also has a lot of infrared sensors that allow it to walk without running into obstacles.
The device ships with a base and a remote that uses a pair of AAA batteries. There are also extra batteries included. The device has a year-long warranty.
- The model is very quiet and it makes almost no noise while it travels around your house
- The model can take pet hair off a floor and even off a carpet
- The skinny and sleek design lets this robot get under furniture and go around narrow turns
- The model is not able to detect black rugs and furniture